Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Safe in the Hand of God


“Your right hand has held me up; Your gentleness and condescension have made me great.” Psalms 18:35 (Amplified)

How comforting it is to know that our life is safe and secure in the hand of God. The very one who created the universe holds us in His hand. It is in those times when there is a great trial in your life that you really understand His full protection. It is in the trials that you are aware of His strong presence as a shield as He works all things out for your good.

When I was in the middle of the greatest trial of my life, I learned what it means to release everything into the hands of God. He revealed to me what He would do if I would take my hands off of the situation and simply trust in Him. He told me to read Revelation 21:5. I turned quickly to the verse that assured me of His intentions. “Behold, I make all things new . . .” it did not say some things, a few things or most things. That verse said “all things.” At the time I was looking at my son laying in the hospital in a coma. His life was totally in the hands of God. The doctors said that there was nothing they could do. With this statement we knew that there was nothing on earth that could be done, our sons life was in the Great Physician’s hands. God said, “Behold, (or watch) I will make all things new.” Or, as we say it today, “Watch this”

We prayed, released him to the Lord and watched as The Great Physician worked. He started with a single tooth. Our son’s front tooth was knocked completely out of place from the can accident. As we prayed and declared, “He will make all things new” by the afternoon his tooth had moved back into place. That may not seem significant but, it was huge for us. As he lay there paralyzed and unable to move, God was saying, trust me, if I am concerned with his tooth you can trust me with every part of his body. We prayed and watched for 72 days as each finger and toe slowly began to move.

Today, every part of our son’s body is moving freely and he lives a normal life. We learned during those difficult days, to trust in God with the smallest things like a tooth. Once we saw something as small as a tooth move we knew He had the situation in His hands, and He was shaping and molding everything together for good. So today, trust in God, He is holding you and your family in the palm of His hand and He will work all things out for good.

No comments: